Total Time: 53 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 7 min.
Yield: 4 servings, 2 fajitas each
1 tsp. chili powder
1 dash sea salt
½ tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. olive oil, divided use
4 (4-oz.) raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into ½-inch strips
½ medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
½ medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
½ medium yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 yellow (or orange) carrot, sliced thin
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
8 (6-inch) whole wheat (or corn) tortillas, warm
½ cup fresh tomato salsa (pico de gallo)
Lime wedges (for garnish; optional)
1. Combine chili powder, salt, cumin, garlic powder, and 1 tsp. oil in large re-sealable plastic bag.
2. Add chicken; mix gently to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Heat remaining 1 tsp .oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Empty contents of bag into skillet; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add bell peppers, onion, and carrot; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender-crisp. Remove from heat.
5. Add lime juice; mix well.
6. Top each tortilla evenly with chicken mixture and salsa; garnish with lime wedges if desired.
1 Red 1 Yellow 1.5 Green .5tsp